22 June 2010

Get 'er Done

I will finish writing my first novel this week. I've taken some time over the last several weeks to go through it from the beginning and tweak it here and there. I will be able to send it out to publishers by the first of next week. I'm looking forward to what's on the horizon for me. I've always loved writing. I've written poetry, song lyrics, music, short stories and auto-biographical works. This is my first novel.

I actually started writing it over 15 years ago. I used to travel for the company I worked for then. So, while I was sitting alone in hotel rooms or at a table in a restaurant somewhere, I worked on the novel. Life got in the way and it was set aside for a long time. I picked it up again a couple of years ago, but just played around with it. Over the last few months, I've had some good inspiration for it. Plus, in the middle of the night not long ago, I came up with a synopsis for another novel.

Both novels (and the sequel to the first novel, which I've already started) are mystery books. The important distinction for my work is that I write from a Christian perspective. That's not just "Christian" in name, but in full belief in the Truth found in God's Word. I love mystery's and suspense (not horror) stories, but all that I read tend to use foul language and inappropriate intimate scenes which are not necessary. I decided that mine would be intense, but without the things that don't belong. They can be marketed to the Christian reader as well as to the world.

I do not hide my love of the Lord on the pages. It's out there boldly, just as God has made me. "...and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador...: that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." Ephesians 6:19

I look forward expectantly to what God has planned for me in the Unstoppable Future!

No comments: