20 December 2008

It's a beautiful day!

For the first day this week there are no clouds at all in the sky! It rained from Saturday early a.m. until Wednesday. There were breaks in the rain, but I couldn't go anywhere since my mode of transportation is still walking. My sis sent me a package that arrived on Wednesday. The rain had slowed to a drizzle so I went around to the front door of the main house to see if the box was there. It was. The same second that I stepped back into my front door the sky opened up and it poured down rain again! I have always loved the rain and since I am still unemployed I can do what rainy days are for: make a cup of cocoa, curl up on the couch and read a book. The only drawback is I don't have much of an overhang on the house so I can't leave the door open to watch the rain.


Love that natural framing!

This morning I used some of the rabbit fencing I have to block the sidewalk at my back door so Abby can't get in and Scully can go out and come in at her leisure. I asked Phil about it beforehand and he was good with it. I like how it worked out. I want to put it at the back of the house, but there's no way to mount it to the side of the house. I have to take it off one side in order to get to the hose behind my house, but it's good until Scully and Abby become friends. Plus, with Scully being able to go out as she wants, there will be more opportunity for Abby to calm down and get to know Scully and not be so yippy.

A few weeks ago there was an episode of Dog Whisperer where he dealt with a small dog that kept going after the big dogs. Finally, one of the big dogs would turn and come after the small dog. That's the one thing I've noticed at the park is that the small dogs are vocal and aggressive and Scully would just walk on by (bah bop bop baaah...). Abby's the same way: she taunts Scully, who just sits there staring at her. Keep praying for them to become friends because that will be easier for all concerned. It's been a hassle for me because I have to have Scully on her leash to be in the shared yard. Since that's where I need to take her to wash her muddy feet it's just a pain in the butt.

No comments: