16 May 2008

Russ & Sue

Here's the latest from Sue - 16-May-08 3:30pm:

Good evening: Well today is almost over and it has been another loooong one. I went to bed early last night because I knew we had to be up at 5 a.m. to be at the hospital for lab work at 6:30 a.m. At 12:45 last night I heard a crash on the front porch, I knew right away what it was, a bear was after our bird feeders. I got my camera, turned on the lights and all I saw was one of our big 3 ft planters had been tipped over and the thistle feeder was gone. I opened the front door and heard it take off into the woods. I was awake for at least an hour and a half hearing all kinds of sounds, thinking he was back. There were still 4 feeders up. Found the feeder he got this morning, it was totaled. Good thing I set the alarm because I would have still been sleeping. So now we have to bring them in every night or I won't get any sleep, Russ snoozed right through it all. I was happy about that.

We managed to get some yard work done yesterday, one of my wonderful neighbors came over and raked while I worked on the planters, Russ threw rocks(too long to explain) it was a good day.

The placement of the feeding tube went fine, they actually go right into the stomach through the abdominal wall, in case you didn't know. He has been under anesthesia 3 times in the last week and a half, so it was no wonder he had some trouble this time. His heart beat and blood pressure dropped enough that the bells and whistles kept going off, the nurse was very concerned and called the doc. They put him on IV fluids and made us stay for a long time. He finally stabilized and walked out of there. Praise the Lord.

On the way home we got a phone call that he qualified for the study and would be getting the best of the trial. Sooooo, that must be what the Lord has in mind. We will continue to follow His Leading. Things have changed now regarding the schedule, he will get the new medication only, on Thurs. then we will get the new schedule at that time. I have heard so many people say that if you have a chance go for the trial, so many don't qualify but Praise the Lord he did. They commented today on how healthy he is in every other way.

One prayer is that insurance will cover all of this, I know we will have deductibles but you never know these days what they will allow and what they won't and if it has already been done and they won't pay....

I am going to try to set up an Internet website called Caring Bridge that you could check progress reports like this if you want, I know some prefer the e mails but others may not, so let me know if you would be interested and I will let you know when I get it going.

That's it for tonight, exhausted but still Praising God for His Guidance.

With much love and thanks,

Russ and Sue

No comments: