22 June 2008

Couple O things

Just a quickie to let you know how I'm doing. Scully jumped on me last night when I was coming out of the bathroom. I jerked away to avoid a direct hit to my abdomen, so she only landed on my upper thigh. However, damage done...I started having similar type pains as what I was having in the hopsital the day after surgery. Not the same intensity level, but the same shooting pain. Thankfully, I have not started bleeding again. The last time I did any major bleeding was Wednesday.

It's funny, Paul and Vickie are always commenting that Scully never barks. Occasionally, we have somebody walk thru the house that makes her bark at them. Just as they say she never barks, I say she never jumps. She only jumps on me by invitation ~ that's how I trained her. It's certainly in a boxers' nature to be a jumpy dog.

I'm still waking every four hours. It's odd how two nights in the hospital of them waking me to check my vitals creates a habit. The whacky thing is they don't check my vitals every four hours when I'm awake! They check at 6 am the last time and then mid-day (around 3 pm) and then the night shift comes on at 6 pm and they start around 8:00 with the every four hour thing. I also continue have difficulty making it to the bathroom on time. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not getting a sensation that I need to go or if it's due to not being able to hold it the minute it takes me to walk to the bathroom when I do the get the sensation (or a little of both).

The other thing I wanted to share is that we've had several people come look at the house this week. Last night (about an hour before Scully jumped on me) Vickie let me know one of the couples made an offer. They want Scully & me to stay. Vickie explained that this couple hasn't even put their house on the market yet & want a condition of sale that P&V take this place off the market once they accept the offer. Naturally, they countered. Part of the counter (I think) is that P&V don't take this house off the market until they accept an offer on their house. It was a little confusing, but I think I got it right.

No comments: